Black Narrators To Bring You Joy
So, you open your favorite podcast app, and you start scrolling and scrolling and you think, “where are the Black podcasters?”
Often times it’s hard for us to find content from our community because the content is not promoted equally or it’s actively ranked lower in biased algorithms. Although we love the richness of Morgan Freeman’s voice, he isn’t the only narrator out there! There are many enthralling narrators and podcasters in our community. Check them out below!
- Bahni Turpin is a veteran of the industry and widely recognized for her narration. Multi-award winner, she is the voice behind Children of Blood and Bone and So You Want To Talk About Race.
- Robin Miles is steep in experience from her time in Hollywood and TV. Her melodious voice has won her both the Female Narrator Audie Award in 2021 for her narration of N. K. Jemisin’s The City We Became, and AudioFile’s Best of 2020 for Caste by Isabel Wilkinson. We highly suggest a listen of Caste!
- Nile Bullock is a young, promising narrator, as well as a musician, actor and a TikTok creator. Known for his voice-over of Opposite of Always, Rebel, and The Stars Beneath Our Feet, he is not one to miss.
- Ariel Blake is newer to the scene but already recognized for her talents, winning an AudioFile Earphones award for her performance of Luster.
- The Read – When you want the tea you turn to The Read! With their pulse on pop culture drama and their celebration of black accomplishments, Crissle West and Kid Fury brighten our week! Sit back and get ready to laugh.
- Still Processing – Still Processing cuts through the clutter and takes on niche topics that not even Black Twitter discusses. Brought to us by the New York Times, featuring some of the most relaxing voices from Wesley Morris and Jenna Wortham, this is one for when you need to make sense of what’s going on in the world.
- Earn Your Leisure – Yes, financial literacy can be fun and funny! Join co-hosts and Black businessmen Rashad Bilal and Troy Millings as they break it down with entrepreneurs and financial experts on the strategies we can implement to reach financial freedom. This is where you learn the money plays that have helped several successful businesspeople in our community.
- HOODxHOLISTIC – The queer, married, fabulously Black female duo you didn’t realize you needed until right now. HOODxHOLISTIC is here to talk about everything from love to self-care to childhood trauma, no topic is off limits. Join co-hosts Ash and Cort as they encourage intergenerational dialogue, healing, and joy.
- Black Girl in Om – Breathe – seriously, someone has to remind us to just take a minute and rest our minds and our bodies. Black Girl in Om is a self-care resource teaching us the importance of looking after our mental wellbeing. When you need a minute to re-center, take a visit to this affirmative podcast to re-assure your greatness.
- Tiffany “The Budgetnista” Aliche – one of our #OneTransaction conference speakers who has changed lives all across the country with her financial advice. After realizing her passion for teaching and knowledge of managing finances, she found her true calling. Since then, she’s been helping people #MakeMoneyMoves the right way.
Let these storytellers and voices fill you with #BlackJoy! Rich with talent, these narrators and podcasters represent the future of content creation. Let’ s share their content and help our community receive proper representation!